Monday, January 21, 2013

Cranberry Coconut Almond Cake

Yesterday amid my declining health I wanted to bake something.  So I looked to my cupboard for inspiration. I found a leftover can of cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving. I don't know about you, but I find that I always buy that one extra can that I don't use and then it stays in the cupboard until the following Thanksgiving. The next thing I found was some coconut flakes from my last batch of Rock Buns and then I wanted my second favorite flavoring Almond. I didn't have any slivered almonds, but that did not break the recipe. Enjoy this very delicious recipe.

Cranberry Coconut Almond Cake



Ingredients

1 1/2 cups flour
1 tbsp baking powder
3/4 cup butter (softened)
3/4 cup sugar
3 eggs (beaten)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp almond extract
1 can whole berry cranberry sauce
1/2 cup coconut flakes


Directions

  • Preheat the oven to 350F, grease and flour pan. 
  • Sift the flour and baking powder, into a large bowl and add the butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and almond extract.
  • Beat well until the mixture is smooth.
  • Stir in the cranberry sauce and coconut flakes.
  • Pour mixture into prepared pan and smooth the surface with a spatula. 
  • Bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until risen, set and golden brown.
  • Let cool and then turn upside down. 
  • Enjoy. 

Always remember to take life one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment