Monday, January 23, 2012

A treat from my Mom

One good turn deserves another. So I sent treats for my mother in Jamaica and she sent me something in return. I got Chicken Noodle Soup, Pumona Biscuits aka Regal, Banana Chips and so much more. Sounds crazy, but these are the best treats ever. Delicious.

I got some much needed supplies for my baking. Benjamin's Red Food Coloring for my Red Velvet Cakes, Jamaican White Rum for my fruits for Christmas... I start from now to soak them. : )

I don't know if you ever get to an age when you don't enjoy treats from home - wherever home maybe. You know that one thing that your mom makes or your dad. It's just that familiar feel. Brings you back to a special place in your past.

What are some of your favorites that your mom, dad or grandparent used to make?

Always remember to take life one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment