Saturday, January 14, 2012

What's for Breakfast?

When I was growing up, breakfast was a big deal. We always had a delicious breakfast with a hot cup of "tea". Tea could be chocolate, or peppermint tea of if you are an adult coffee. This would be accompanied by freshly squeezed oranges. My dad used to juice the oranges every morning. Mind you he didn't have the fancy juicer it was all manual. God Bless HIM. Breakfast was anything from liver and banana, ackee and saltfish and roast breadfruit, callaloo and fried dumplings. Any of those combinations.

Now that I am a mom it is still a big deal. I prepare breakfast for my boys. From Oatmeal Mondays LOL to fried green plantains with eggs and sausages, baked beans, fried dumplings. This is served with hot chocolate or peppermint tea and a glass of orange juice.

I guess traditions don't go away or die. They are just reborn in another form. The foundation is still there.

Let me know what are some of your favorite breakfast items whether then or now.

No comments:

Post a Comment