Monday, January 30, 2012

What do you eat when you are sick?

I have been out for a few days because I wasn't feeling 100%. Of course you know there are a million home remedies for whatever ails you. But my question to you is this what do you eat when you are sick.

Chicken Noodle Soup inevitably makes the top of the list. The brothy kind (just made up that word). Not the traditional Jamaican Chicken Noodle Soup that has lots of "food", yam, coco, dumpling, corn and much more but I digress.

Then you have toast, crackers all the "bland" foods that will not irritate the stomach wall. I must say though that toast and crackers are my go to foods. LOL. I used to eat almost one loaf of bread each day when I was in university. I do love bread. I still love bread, but I can't eat it like I used to. Again I digress.

Then you have the "teas", peppermint, ginger, cerassie (supposed to clean you out but it is so bitter). An endless amount can be found in Jamaica. I personally like peppermint. There is just something about it that is very comforting and soothing.

Anyways, make sure you take care of yourself. But if on the off chance you do get sick, what are some of the foods you eat when you're sick?

Always remember to take life one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment